Step 2: Set Up Your Blog
1. Click here to get the BlueHost Christmas in July Sale price of $2.75 per month by July 23rd and then click “get started now”.
2. Select your plan. The basic plan is the one I recommend for new bloggers. Click “Select” to choose your plan.
3. Type in your domain name in the left box and then click “next” to see if it is available.
- If you already own a domain name and want to use it for your blog, type your existing domain in the right box and then click “next”. Only use the right box if you have previously paid to register a domain!
4. If the domain is unavailable you will be given a list of similar domain names that are available. You can choose one of the suggested domains or type in another name to try.
5. Once you have found an available domain name you will be taken to the registration page where you will put in all your billing details.
6. You will also need to choose your hosting package and options.
- The 36 month package gets you the lowest monthly rate, while the 12 month package has a lower up-front cost. There is no contract, so you can cancel whenever you like.
- I uncheck the boxes next to the other products when I sign-up. You can always add these at a later time if you need them.
7. You will then be prompted to create a password for your account. Once you do that your blog will automatically be installed and you should see the page below. Click “Log Into WordPress” to be taken to your blog.
You will also receive an email with your blog log-in details. (IMPORTANT: Your login details for your blog are different than for your BlueHost account. Make sure to keep track of these!)
Having trouble installing your blog? Get help here.
Continue on to Step 3 of this guide to learn how to use your blog.