1. Click here to get the special $2.75 per month rate on BlueHost and then click “get started now”.
2. Select your plan. The basic plan is the one I recommend for new bloggers. Click “Select” to choose your plan.
3. Type in your domain name in the left box and then click “next” to see if it is available.
- If you already own a domain name and want to use it for your blog, type your existing domain in the right box and then click “next”. Only use the right box if you have previously paid to register a domain!
4. If the domain is unavailable you will be given a list of similar domain names that are available. You can choose one of the suggested domains or type in another name to try.
5. Once you have found an available domain name you will be taken to the registration page where you will put in all your billing details.
6. You will also need to choose your hosting package and options.
- I uncheck the boxes next to the other products except for Domain Privacy, which I recommend since it keeps your name, phone number, and email address hidden from a public database of domain owners. This helps reduce unwanted spam.
7. You will then be prompted to create a password for your account. When that’s done you can login to your account at BlueHost.com. You can then click “skip this step” on the next few pages.
Your WordPress blog software will now be installed. When it’s finished click the blue “WordPress” button to login to your blog.
Having trouble installing your blog? Get help here.
Continue on to Step 3 of this guide to learn how to use your blog.